If you have just bought a 5.1 speaker, you have probably got it for your non-stop entertainment purposes. There are plenty of ways you can make the most out of your brand new 5a speakers. By connecting them to your laptop, PC, or even to your phone. But how to connect 5.1 speakers to pc without a sound card?
What is a 5.1 Speaker?
If there is a 5.1 speaker, it means it has six speakers arranged in a particular way. You can see two speakers in the front, and two speakers in the rear. Then there is one speaker known as the “Voice Channel”, in the center along with a subwoofer. This is how a 5.1 6-channel speaker works.
Types of 5.1 Speakers
Before you go ahead and learn to connect 5.1 speakers without sound card, you need to know the types of 5.1 speakers available.
There are two types of 5.1 sound systems available. They are –
- Digital Sound Systems
- Analog sound system
The digital sound systems are costlier than the analog sound systems, and they need an SPDIF output on the computer to be installed. The analog one, however, is cheaper than the other one and can be installed in any computer without any issues.
Knowing your Speaker
All the speakers come with a set of cables that needs to be connected with different kinds of wires like the power cord, power connector, and subwoofer wires. You have to be very sure about connecting all these cables with all the wires to build a connection among you 5.1 speaker and computer.
Steps on how to connect 5.1 Speakers to PC without sound card:
- First, you need to ensure that your laptop or PC has either Realtek or HD VDeck audio drivers installed.
- If your computer does not have a sound card, you need to install the speaker with the help of “Line Out”, “Line In” and “Mic In” sockets available at the back of your CPU.
- On your 5.1 speakers, you can see three types of cables in three different colors. They are – orange, green, and black.
- Now it is time you need to connect your 5.1 speakers to your PC without sound card. You should connect the cables to “Line Out”, “Line In” and “Mic In” sockets.
- If your computer has a Realtek sound driver, select 5.1 speakers there. If it has HD VDeck installed, select 6 channel option.
- Once you do that, all your “Line Out”, “Line In” and “Mic In” sockets are converted to 5.1 channel speaker.
Once you have invested in a 5.1 speaker, it is time you start connecting it. If you are new to this, and you do not know how to connect 5.1 speakers to your computer without a sound card, above are the steps you should follow.
The disadvantage of connecting 5.1 Speakers to PC Without Sound Card
Now you already know how to connect 5.1 speakers to pc without sound card. But there is a disadvantage of the same. While using the 5.1 speakers with the help of the “Line Out”, “Line In” and “Mic In” sockets, you cannot use the microphone as your computer does not have a sound card. With a sound card, you can easily use the entire system without any hassles.
It is effortless to connect your 5.1 speakers to your computer without any sound card. However, you should be sure about what kind of sound system have you purchased. If your 5.1 speaker is a digital one, your computer must have SPDIF output. Analog speakers, on the other hand, can be connected to any PCs.