Best Helmets in India
Due to reckless and impulsive driving, road accidents have become quite common in our country. While driving a motorcycle a helmet is a must. In this article we have talked about the best helmets in India.
Apart from their names, we have also provided a in-dept information on these accessories to help you to identify the headgear that is suitable for you. Make sure to read the whole article thoroughly.
When talking about purchasing a brand new helmet, there are a plethora of choices available in the market. Thus, if you have recently entered the world of two-wheelers, then it might seem quite difficult for you to find a suitable headgear.
The Best Helmets in India are:
The Best Helmets Under 2000 are:
1. Studds Marshall Open Face Helmet – Under 2000
Studds, over the years, is considered as one of the best helmets under 2000. It has helped riders to protect their heads by offering high-quality helmets. It . Among these, the Studds Marshall SUS is very popular among the bike-enthusiasts and is considered as the best open face helmets in India.
The material, which Studds has used to build its helmet, is known to be quite sturdy. Thus, if you use the headpiece with a little bit of care, then it will surely last for a long time. However, due to the usage of this premium material, the helmet also feels quite heavy when worn. So, if you generally spend hours on your bike, then this headgear is probably not ideal for you.
To make the helmet’s visor section more durable, Studds has coated it with Silicon. Thus, along with resisting scratches, the polycarbonate-made visor can also withstand numerous damages and blows.
This headpiece is currently available in four distinct colors and three different sizes. So, you surely will find one alternative that suits both your style and the size of your head.
- Provides an ideal and comfortable fit for anyone
- Due to the usage of polycarbonate, it looks quite sleek and stylish
- Feels comfortable while wearing because of the well-cushioned internal section
- Its visor section is quite robust and scratch-resistant
- Comes with an affordable price tag
- One of the best helmets in India in terms of durability
- It is somewhat heavy
- Its design looks quite outdated
2. Vega Verve Open Face Helmet (Women’s) – Under 2000
Are you looking for a stylish women’s helmet? Then, Vega Verve should be ideal for you. Considered as one of the best helmet brand in India, along with its gorgeous looks, it also comes with a sturdy structure, which helps it to last for a long time.
Despite its robust construction, the headgear weighs only 1.24 kg because of its design. Therefore, even if you wear it while going on a long ride, you will not feel uncomfortable at all. Due to its excellent design, the chin lock of the headgear is also quite easy to utilize and operate.
As it is an open-face helmet, you can adjust the front flip as per your requirements. Therefore, if you want, you can enjoy tea or any other snacks without taking it off. This open-face design also helps to improve the overall ventilation of the headgear.
Thus, no matter how much time you are spending while wearing it, your head will not get sweaty that easily.
The visor section of the protective headgear has been made with high-quality glass material. As a result, along with offering excellent visibility, it can also withstand almost any kind of scratches and damages.
- Ideal for the women who travel by a two-wheeler quite frequently
- Offers excellent ventilation because of featuring two different vents
- It available in four different sizes
- Looks quite stylish because of its beautiful design
- The helmet is known to be quite durable
- Comes with a plethora of color choices
- Compared to its rivals, this helmet is quite expensive
3. Vega Cliff CLF-LK-L Full Face Helmet (Black, L)
Unlike the previous two models on our list of the best motorcycle helmet, Vega Cliff is a full-face headgear. Therefore, it is perfect for riders who prefer small rides or generally use their bikes for daily commuting. However, this headpiece is known to be quite light and tends to fly away when the rider is riding at a higher speed. So, if you are a racer, then this helmet would not be ideal for you.
To make its product durable, Vega has used ABS material to build its outer shell. As a result, the headgear can endure high impacts, which generally occur during an accident, and protect your head.
However, unlike its outer section, the inner lining is known to be quite soft. Due to this reason, even if you wear this helmet for a long time, you will not feel even a teensy bit of discomfort.
To improve its convenience, Vega has used a scratch-resistant glass to build up the visor section. Hence, along with being robust, it is also quite translucent and offers excellent visibility.
- Ideal for people who commute on a daily basis
- It is quite sturdy and can withstand a lot of impacts
- ISI approved helmet
- The helmet does not weigh much at all
- The visor part of the headpiece is scratch-resistant
- A lot more affordable than the other similar-quality headgears
- Not ideal for the racing-enthusiasts
- Feels a little bit tight when worn for the first time
4. Studds Cub Open Face Helmet – Under 2000
The 4th place in our list of best helmets under 2000 is the Studds Cub Open Face Helmet. Since its inception, Studds has always offered highly-durable helmets to the riders. Thus, to make this list even longer, the brand has recently launched its new product, Studds Cub.
The outer layer of the headgear has been made with a high-quality thermoplastic material. Due to this reason, it can help to protect your head from any trauma or shock.
To improve its convenience, even more, Studds has also used distinctive textures on it. Thus, along with being durable, it can also resist any laceration and abrasion. To offer you optimum comfort, Studds has used soft and cushiony material to make the helmet’s inner lining.
To prevent allergies or any other skin issues, the brand has also covered this section with a high-quality velveteen substance. Thus, no matter which size you have bought, the helmet will sit comfortably on your head and make you feel quite cozy and content.
However, as the headpiece is quite lightweight, it might get separated from your head while riding at a higher speed. To prevent this from happening, make sure to tighten the straps of the headgear properly before starting your journey.
- One of the best bike helmets regarding durability and longevity
- Excellent ventilation system
- Looks quite sleek and glossy
- Offers amazing visibility
- The inner section of the helmet is well-cushioned
- Ideal for the daily commuters
- Not the best option for the racers
5. Vega Crux Flip-up Helmet – Under 2000
Are you thinking of buying a stylish yet affordable helmet that can help you with your commuting purposes? Then, Vega Crux should be perfect for you.
Considered by many as the best helmet in India within 2,000 rupees, the headpiece is known to be quite lightweight. Therefore, with this protective headgear, you would not feel any discomfort while riding.
Along with this, this helmet also comes with an excellent ventilation system, which can help to prevent your head from getting sweaty.
However, because of its weight, it might feel a little bit uncomfortable while you are riding at a higher speed. Thus, if you are a racer, then it would be better for you to stay away from this helmet.
The outer section of the helmet has been made up of high-quality materials. Thus, in case of an unfortunate accident, it can, quite comfortably, protect your head by soaking the impact. To make the helmet more convenient, Vega has also equipped it with a well-cushioned inner lining. Known for being anti-allergic, this section can help to prevent skin irritations and allergic reactions.
- It weighs only 1.5kg, which is quite light
- Comes with a solid structure and glamorous look
- Features a removable visor
- Does not require much maintenance
- Can withstand a high amount of impacts quite comfortably
- It is scratch-resistant
- Not a great option for the racers
- Comes with a somewhat expensive price tag
The Best Helmets Under 3000 are:
1. Vega Off Road Sketch Full Face Graphic Helmet – Under 3000
Vega Off-Road is an ISI-approved helmet which is considered one of the best helmet under 3000. It is available in numerous exquisite shades and comes with a ventilation system that consists of four air vents. Therefore, this vent system works quite effectively and provides an excellent airflow, which, ultimately, enhances your overall riding experience.
For adding a dash of charm to its headpiece’s look, Vega has also placed these vents quite stylishly. When talking about design, Vega Off-Road comes with the appearance of a full-face helmet.
Its outer shell has been built with prime-quality ABS material, which boosts its overall durability. Therefore, if you take proper care of this headgear, then it will surely last for a long time.
To enhance its overall performance, Vega has also equipped its model with a set of in-built goggles, which offer a scratch-free surface. Thus, it provides excellent visibility in any conditions.
However, the thing, which makes it one of the best motorcycle helmets in India, is its inner section. To build this part of the headgear, Vega has used a multi-density EPS liner. Therefore, when worn, it feels quite soft and comfortable. Also, this inner lining is removable. So, you would not have to waste much of your time while cleaning or maintaining the helmet.
- Comes with a removable sunshade
- Gets a scratch-resistant yet transparent visor
- Features a removable inner lining
- Comes with in-built goggles
- Its ventilation system offers excellent airflow and breathability
- Feels a little bit tight when worn for the first time
2. Steelbird Helmet SBA-1 Free Live – Under 3000
If you are considering to buy a helmet, which is both stylish and durable, then Steelbird SBA-1 would be perfect for you. The outer shell of the model is made up of robust ABS materials. Therefore, even with the least maintenance, it can offer its services for a long time.
To make its helmet more convenient, Steelbird has equipped it with the AUX technology. This technology enables the riders to connect their mobile phone with a cable. Thus, even while riding, you can take calls or listen to music with this headgear.
Moreover, owing to this technology, the headpiece does not require a battery to offer its services. So, you can listen to music or take calls as long as the battery of your mobile lasts.
When talking about looks, Steelbird SBA-1 is probably the best helmet in India within the range of 3,000 rupees. Along with its exquisite appearance, the headgear is also known to be quite compact and sturdy. So, besides making you look stylish while wearing, the SBA-1 can also offer optimum security to your head.
- Provides a comfortable yet snug fit
- Because of its unique design, the helmet looks quite stylish
- The helmet is waterproof
- Comes equipped with the advanced AUX technology
- It is quite robust and can withstand numerous blows
- It is a little bit expensive than its rivals
3. Steelbird SBA-2 Race Full Face Helmet in Matt Finish With Chrome Visor – Under 3000
The third position of our list of the best helmets in India under 3000 is yet another Steelbird model, which comes by the name of SBA-2. As you can already guess, it is the upgraded variant of Steelbird’s SBA-1. Therefore, besides a lot of dissimilarities, it also comes with a few features that are identical to its predecessor.
When talking about similarities, like SBA-1, the outer section of SBA-2 also has been made up of high-impact ABS. Thus, as a worthy successor of SBA-1, this helmet, too, can endure high-amount of shocks and offer optimum protection to your head.
However, SBA-2 is currently available in only two sizes, which are 580mm and 600mm. Therefore, if the shape of your head is relatively bigger, then it would be quite difficult for you to find a suitable size variant of SBA-2.
Also, like SBA-1, SBA-2 comes with an advanced ventilation system, which helps to keep your head and hair free from sweat. To enhance its overall capability, even more, Steelbird has also equipped its helmet with an air booster system. It primarily works as an air recycler.
- Features an iridium-coated visor, which offers superior clarity
- The overall durability of the product is quite satisfying
- Available in numerous different breathtaking colors
- Comes with an oval shape, which makes it look quite unique
- Can block the outer noise quite efficiently
- It is quite robust and durable
- Comes with a neck protector for an enhanced protection
- Available in only two size variants
4. Steelbird SBA-1 Mahadev Full Face Helmet In Matt Finish with Smoke Visor – Under 3000
Upon launching, the SBA series of Steelbird became quite popular among the Indian bike-enthusiasts. Therefore, to ignite the flame of popularity a little bit more, the brand has recently launched a new SBA variant, which is known as SBA-1 Mahadev.
Like any other Steelbird model, SBA-1 Mahadev, too, is very tough, as its external shell is made up of high-quality ABS material. Therefore, it can help to protect your head from high-impact shocks and trauma, which generally occur during an accident.
Due to the usage of ABS material, the headgear also looks quite sleek and captivating. Therefore, along with providing optimum protection, it can also add a dash of glam to your overall look.
Like the previously-mentioned model, SBA-1 Mahadev, too, features an air booster system. With the help of this system, the helmet offers superior ventilation for keeping your head and hair sweat-free. Along with this, it also features an odorless mouth guard, which helps to enhance its hygienic properties even more.
The helmet is currently available in various sizes. So, you can choose the one that feels more suitable for you.
- Features a neck-protector to protect the rider’s neck from impacts
- The helmet is quite easy to clean
- High-quality ABS material makes the product extremely durable
- The soft inner lining makes it quite comfortable to wear
- Comes with a quirky yet eye-catching look
- The ventilation system of the helmet is quite effective
- The quality of the visor is not that good
5. Vega Crux Flip-up Helmet under 3000
The Best Helmets Under 5000 are:
1. LS2 FF352 Full Face Helmet – Under 5000
LS2 FF352 is a great option for best helmets under 5000. Since its inception, LS2 has launched numerous headpieces, which are known to be highly efficient.
However, most of the brand’s models are quite pricey. So, to provide the riders, who are looking for a cheap yet effective headgear, with an option, LS2 has recently launched their new variant, FF352.
In terms of looks, LS2 FF352 scores high marks on almost every aspect. Even though most of its variants generally feature simple color schemes, they look quite beautiful nonetheless. Along with different colors, it also comes with six distinctive designs, which makes this series even more lovable.
For making the inside of the headgear breathable, LS2 has equipped it with a single-chin vent, which you can operate by a slider. FF352 also features a pair of exhaust vents at the rear and a single brow vent to keep your head sweat-free. However, at a higher speed, the visor tends to fog up when the vents are open, which is a minor drawback of this product.
- Offers excellent breathability and superior ventilation
- Can suppress loud noises quite effectively
- The visor of the headgear is scratch-resistant
- Made with high-quality polycarbonate, which makes it quite robust
- Provides a comfortable yet snug fit
- Its visor sometimes fogs up when riding at a high speed
- It is available in only one size variant
2. SMK MA243 Twister Attack Graphics Pinlock Fitted Full Face Helmet With Clear Visor – Under 5000
One of the newest additions of SMK’s Twister series, SMK MA243 is an ECE-certified headgear, which gets a design of a full-face helmet. Along with the regular features, it also comes with numerous modern elements, such as Bluetooth compatibility, which makes it both technology-rich and accurately convenient.
Like most of the other headpieces of the Twister series, SMK has used the same EIRT material to build MA243. Therefore, the outer section feels quite robust and is known to have the capability of enduring high impacts.
Due to the usage of the authentic EIRT, the helmet also looks quite sleek and stylish during the daytime. So, if you are considering to buy a headgear that both protects your head and improves your looks, then this one should be your go-to option.
Even though after featuring all these things, the SMK MA243 feels quite light when worn. Therefore, if you are a lover of long journeys and use your bike to subdue your wander thirst, then SMK MA243 should be perfect for you.
- Comes with thick inner padding, which is rare in this price range
- The graphics on the headpiece looks beautiful
- Offers excellent breathability
- Durable and scratch-resistant visor
- Features an internal sun shield
- Comes with adjustable air vents
- The helmet is quite robust and sturdy
- Does not weigh much at all
- It is compatible with Bluetooth
- Might feel tighter when worn for the first time
3. SMK MA200 Twister Pinlock Fitted Full Face Helmet – Under 5000
On the third position of our list of the best helmet in India under 5000 comes yet another SMK model, named as MA200. Like its other siblings, it also comes with a scratch-resistant visor, which is quite big and extensive.
The SMK MA200 comes with a highly-efficient ventilation system, which offers excellent breathability. Therefore, even while you are taking a long ride, the headgear will not make you feel sweaty or suffocated.
Another thing, which can make you feel quite comfortable, is its inner lining. This section is known to be quite soft and offers a cushioned feeling to your head.
The inner lining of the helmet is known to be removable. So, while washing it, you can remove it and put it back inside once you have completed your job.
The outer shell of the helmet has been molded with high-quality thermoplastic material, which makes both durable and glossy. Therefore, besides protecting your head from trauma, the headgear will also add quite a bit of charm to your look.
- Comes with an adjustable ventilation system
- Because of being made with EIRT, the helmet feels quite robust
- It is compatible with Bluetooth
- The visor of the headgear is scratch-resistant
- Provides a tight and comfortable fit
- It is quite lightweight
- Its strap lock quality could have been better
4. SMK Twister Zest Gl135 Pinlock Fitted With Clear Visor – Under 5000
Are you looking for a headgear with modern graphics and a sturdy build structure? Then, you can always opt for the SMK Twister Zest. This helmet comes with an authentic Italian design, which offers a classy charm to its overall appearance. Besides this, the outer shell of the headgear has been made with a high-quality EIRT, which makes it look quite glossy.
Although it is quite robust, the SMK Twister Zest weighs only 1400 grams. Therefore, when worn, it will feel quite light on your head and make you feel very comfortable.
However, unlike some other lightweight headgears on our list of the best bike helmets, SMK Twister offers a snug fit. Thus, if you are riding your bike at a higher speed, the headgear will stay stably and securely locked up with your head.
The SMK Twister Zest features a Pinlock system-infused visor, which enhances its visibility by a mile. It also comes with an inner sun visor, which protects your eyes from the scorching sunlight.
- Available in a wide range of graphic or color scheme option
- Comes with a removable and washable inner lining
- It visor section is quite durable and scratch-resistant
- The headgear is compatible with Bluetooth
- Features an authentic Pinlock system
- Gets a quick release strap
- Weighs only 1,400gm, which is excellent for a commuter helmet
- Comes with a relatively expensive price tag
5. Steelbird SBA-2 Race Full Face Helmet in Matt Finish With Chrome Visor – Under 5000
The Best Helmets Under 10000 are:
1. LS2 Full Face Premium Helmet FF 352 FLICKER With Mercury Visor – Under 10000
LS2 Full Face Premium Helmet is one of the best helmets under 10000 in India which you can get. Like most of the other LS2 models, the outer shell of the model has also been built with high-quality KPA material. Therefore, in terms of durability, it ranks as the best motorcycle helmet in the market.
However, unlike the outer part, LS2 has used a soft material to make the inner section of LS2 FF352 Flicker. Thus, while wearing it, you will not feel even a tinge of discomfort.
Besides enhancing its convenience, the inner lining also improves the breathability of the helmet. So, no matter how much time you are spending while wearing this helmet, your head will not feel sweaty at all.
For providing a clear view of the road, LS2 has also equipped a removable visor with its helmet. Therefore, if you intend to wash it, you can easily remove it from the headpiece and again attach it once you are done.
- Weighs only 1350 grams
- It is ECE-certified
- Tear and wear-resistant visor section
- Comes with a unisex design
- The ventilation system of the helmet is quite efficient
- Misses out on the pin lock system
2. LS2 390-1204 Full Face Helmet – Under 10000
The second model of our exclusive list of the best helmets in India is LS2 390-1204 Full Face Helmet. Due to the quality of their product, LS2 has been considered by the riding-enthusiasts as one of the best helmet brands in India. Therefore, to maintain their reputation in the market, they have been continuously launching numerous headgears. Among these newer variants, the LS2 390-1204 is known to be one of the best in the business.
To make their headgear to be light and comfortable, LS2 has used three different shells to build it. Therefore, if you love to take long rides, then this helmet will be the best option for you.
The outer shell of the headgear is made with the exclusive kinetic polymer alloy. This KPA material comes with a higher amount of penetration resistance and offers excellent energy-absorbing flexibility. Therefore, the helmet can, quite efficiently, help to guard your head against any shocks or impacts.
Widely considered by many as the best helmet in India, LS2 390-1204 comes with a huge vent at the top of its surface. This vent sports a unique scoop-design, which helps to let the outer air to flow inside of the headgear and keeps its inner section thoroughly refreshed.
In addition to this, LS2 390 also comes with a vent near the chin, which you can control by using a slider switch. So, if you think that the upper vent is not doing its job sufficiently, then you can also slide this one to feel comfortable.
- The helmet does not weigh much at all
- It comes with detachable padding
- The outer shell of the helmet is quite sturdy
- Offers optimum visibility and breathability
- Comes with a unisex design, which enhances its convenience by a mile
- No drawbacks
3. LS2 390-1325 Full Face Motorcycle Helmet – Under 10000
LS2 390-1325 is on the 3rd position if you are looking for the best helmets under 10000. Since its inception, LS2 has always designed its helmets by focusing especially on its functionality. This is quite evident in the brand’s new model, LS2 390-1325.
Like the previous model on our list, LS2 has also used three different shells to build up this helmet. Therefore, naturally, LS2390-1325 weighs a lot less than the other headgears in the market.
Along with being lightweight, the usage of three shells also helps to make the product a lot more durable. Therefore, if you take good care of this helmet, then it will surely stay intact for many years.
The face shield of LS 390-1325 is quite robust and scratch-resistant. It also has the capability of preventing the UV rays of the Sun from harming your eyes and face. Also, if it gets dirty or damaged, you can change it quite comfortably without using any tool or equipment.
- Comes with a DOT-approved quick-release chain system
- Features dual-density EPS for providing optimum protection
- The outer shell of the helmet is quite robust
- Its ventilation system offers excellent breathability
- Weighs only 1.54kg, which feels quite comfortable when worn
- Scratch-resistant visor offers excellent visibility
- The price of the model feels a little bit expensive
LS2 Helmets Stream Axis Blue Graphic Unisex-Adult Full-Face-Helmet – under 10000
LS2 Helmets – FF320 – Stream – Velvet Matt Black Red Dual Visor Full Face Motorcycle Helmet (Under 10000)
The Best Helmets for Royal Enfield Classic 350 are:
1. Royal Enfield Matt Black Open Face with Peak Helmet Size
When talking about the best helmets for Royal Enfield Classic 350, the first name that comes to the mind is Royal Enfield Matt Black. Exclusively offered by Royal Enfield, this headgear has been made with high-quality fiberglass components.
Therefore, unlike a few other so-called best open face helmets in India, it can absorb even the higher amounts of impacts. At the same time, fiberglass also adds a glossy touch to the looks of the headgear and makes its appearance even more attractive.
For building the inner section of the helmet, the manufacturing company has used polyester and knit-mesh material. Therefore, even if you wear this helmet for a long time, it would not make you feel uncomfortable by any means. Also, the inner lining of the helmet is removable. So, to clean the whole headgear evenly, you can remove it and attach it back once you are done.
- One of the best open face helmets in India regarding durability
- Looks very stylish
- It does not weigh much at all (850 grams)
- Its inner lining is quite soft and comfortable
- Comes with a cheaper price tag
2. Royal Enfield OP MLG (V) Open Face Helmet with Visor
Are you looking for a stylish headgear to pair up with your brand new Classic 350? Then, the Royal Enfield OP MLG should be perfect for you. Like the previously-mentioned headpiece, this one also comes with a classic open-face design. Because of this design, OP MLG will provide excellent ventilation to keep your head and hair sweat-free.
The Royal Enfield OP MLG comes with a long and extended inner lining section, which provides optimum protection both to your head and neck. This part of the helmet has been made with prime-quality mesh product, which makes it quite comfortable and breathable.
Thus, if you are thinking of going for a long journey with your Classic 350, make sure to pair your head up with Royal Enfield OP MLG.
To improve the visor’s visibility, Royal Enfield has coated it with high-quality polycarbonate. Because of being quite robust, this material also helps the visor to resist wears and tears.
- ISI-certified helmet
- Features a scratch-resistant visor
- Ideal for the long-ride lovers
- Comes with a robust structure
- Quite pricey
3. Royal Enfield Matt Blue Open Face with Peak Helmet Size
The last model on our list of the best helmet in India is yet another Royal Enfield model, which features a classic matt blue color scheme. However, if we keep its color aside, this product, too, feels quite similar to the previously-mentioned helmets.
For building its outer shell, Royal Enfield has used the same fiberglass material. Therefore, no matter how high the impact is, the helmet will soak it all up quite comfortably.
For enhancing their helmet’s security, even more, Royal Enfield has equipped it with polyester-infused inner lining. Therefore, even though if you wear the helmet for a long time, it will not make you feel uncomfortable at all.
The visor section of the helmet is known to be quite efficient as it can help to prevent UV rays from affecting your eyes. Due to its excellent durability, it can also resist almost any kind of damage. However, to keep the visor intact and use this helmet for a long time, you would have to take proper care of it.
It is one of best helmets for Royal Enfield Classic 350 that you can go for.
- Comes with a three different size variants
- Weighs only 850 grams
- Features a soft and breathable inner lining
- Can absorb even the high amount of impacts
- Looks quite beautiful
- Only one color variant is available in the market
When talking about headgears, there are a lot of alternatives available on both online and offline stores. Therefore, it becomes quite challenging for the riders to find the best motorcycle helmet among them.
So, if you are still feeling confused even after going through our list of the best helmet in India, then make sure to check out some other articles. You can also go to the official website of a helmet to know about its specifications and features in a detailed manner.