Believe it or not, the bikes have become one of the integral parts of almost 60% of Indian’s life. Some of them use bikes for going to their workplace while a few others use them to subdue their wanderlust. In one sentence, without bikes, most of us would not be able to enjoy our lives the way we are doing now.
However, buying a new bike is always a tough job as it depends on numerous things, such as your budget and the features you are looking for. Thus, to help you with your situation, we have prepared an exclusive list of the best bikes under 1 lakh. However, to get as much information as possible, make sure to read the whole article thoroughly.
Below are the Best Bikes Under 1 Lakh:
1. TVS Apache RTR 200 4V – Bike under 1 Lakh
The first two-wheeler under our list of the best bike under 1 lakh is the TVS Apache RTR 200 4V. Manufactured and distributed by the TVS, RTR 200 4V is the first bike of the RTR series, which comes with 200cc motor.
To attract the youth generation, the TVS has also put quite a lot of effort to design the bike.
The bike runs on 197.75cc, oil-cooled, four-stroke engine, which is capable of generating 15.09kW of power at 8500 rpm and 18.1 Nm of torque at 7000 rpm.
The motor has also been equipped with the fuel injection system to boost its overall durability and efficiency. Like some of the other top 10 bikes under 1 lakh in India, the transmission duty of RTR 200 4V is done by an effective 5-speed gearbox.
Because of the powerful engine system, the bike can reach 60 km/h from 0 km/h within only 3.95 seconds. The company also claims that their bike can provide a mileage of 41 kmpl under economic conditions.
(Ex-showroom*): INR 97,688/-
If you are riding this two-wheeler on a smoother and less-challenging surface, then you will easily be able to achieve a top speed of 125-130 km/h. The seats of the TVS Apache RTR 200 4V comes with aesthetic splitting design, which provides the bike with a sportier look.
The suspension duties of the bike are done by telescopic hydraulic dampers at the front and mono-shock suspension at the rear. However, during long journeys, the pillion seat might feel just a little bit uncomfortable because of stiffness.
Other than this, RTR 200 4V also features a digital instrument console, and a quirky-looking LED taillight.
Thus, if you are looking for a sports bike within 1 lakh in India, then RTR 200 4V can be one of your best options to choose from.
- The engine of the bike is quite powerful
- The bike comes with a lot of advanced features
- The parts of the bike are of high quality
- Excellent looks and exquisite design
- Features a dual-channel Anti-braking system
- Pillion seat is not that comfortable
- The braking system of the two-wheeler could have been better
2. Yamaha FZ V3 – Bike under 1 Lakh
Are you looking for a bike that comes with astonishing looks and designs? Then, stop looking and start searching for the Yamaha FZ V3.
Because of being the third and newest version of the Yamaha FZ series, this bike comes with exclusive bodywork with an exquisite design. Thus, if you are familiar with the previous versions, then you will be able to find that this one has got a brand new headlamp, tail section, and engine cowl.
The bike also features a much larger tank extension, side panels, and an up-to-the-minute exhaust design. However, unlike the previous versions, the FZ V3 does not come with the exotic split-seat design.
Considered by many as one of the best bikes within the 100000 range,Yamaha FZ V3 features a 149cc, fuel-injected, air-cooled engine. This motor can produce a maximum power of 13.2 PS and a peak torque of 12.8 Nm, which is quite satisfying for a 150cc bike.
(Ex-showroom*): INR 98,680/-
A 5-speed gearbox has also been added to the motorcycle to improve the efficiency of the engine. While riding in the economic conditions, the bike can provide an excellent mileage of 45 km/l, which is quite rare among the bikes in India under 100000.
The braking system of the two-wheeler consists of a 242mm disc brake at the front and a 130mm disc brake at the rear. A single-channel ABS has also been added to the bike to improve the efficacy of the braking system.
One of the significant drawbacks of the bike is its fuel tank capacity of only 12 litres. However, this drawback has been compensated by the fuel efficiency of the two-wheeler.
- Excellent mileage and astoundingly cosy seats
- Comfortable riding position
- Features the electric starter mechanism
- Great handling
- Weighs much less than many of the bikes in this segment
- Quite expensive than its rivals
- Service reach is not good enough
This is the 3rd bike in our list of best bike under 1 lakh. Are you a lover of cruisers and searching for some heavy bikes in the range of 1 lakh? Then, the Suzuki Intruder 150 might be the bike of your dreams. It is the only cruiser bike of Suzuki, which is available under the price tag of 100000.
This two-wheeler draws the power to sprint from a 154.9cc, single-cylinder, air-cooled engine, which can generate 14.8 ps of power at 8000 rpm and 14 Nm of torque at 6000 rpm. A 5-speed gearbox does the transmission duties of the bike.
Like some of the best bikes in India under 1 lakh, Suzuki Intruder 150 is also equipped with a fuel-injected fuel system. The bike is known to offer an excellent mileage of 45 to 50 km/l when riding on economic conditions.
The braking system of the two-wheeler works with two disc brakes, one at the front and another at the rear. The suspension duties are done by telescopic hydraulic dampers at the front and swing arm type suspensions at the rear.
(Ex-showroom*): INR 1,01,362/-
The ground clearance of the motorcycle is 170 mm, which is quite good for a cruiser bike. However, just like the previous two-wheeler, the fuel tank capacity of the Suzuki Intruder 150 is only 11 litres.
Another drawback is its exhaust design, which does not look good at all when you are looking at it from a close range.
Nevertheless, if you are looking for a bike that will provide a pleasant and comfortable riding experience, then thiswill probably be your best option.
- Excellent fuel efficiency and nice mileage for a cruiser bike
- Even the short riders can ride this bike easily because of its comfortable riding stance
- It is known to be quite agile for a somewhat heavy bike
- The seat is very soft and cozy
- The tail section of the bike looks quite odd
- The rear suspension is known to be quite stiff
- Looks might be not attractive for few people
4. Hero Xtreme 200S – Bike under 1 Lakh
This is the 4th bike in our list of best bike under 1 lakh. The brand new Hero Xtreme 200S is the latest model of Hero’s X series and takes its spot beside the XPulse 200, Xtreme 200R, and XPulse 200T. Because of being a fully faired bike, the Xtreme 200S has gotten an exclusive design and look.
If you look at the images of the bike properly, then you will find an exquisite-looking headlight and glossy alloy wheels.
You might also be able to find the flat handlebar of the bike that makes the riding position very much comfortable and cozy. However, like the other motorcycles in this series, this one does not come with an overly aggressive appearance.
(Ex-showroom*): INR 99,400/-
However, the factor, which makes it one of the best bikes in India within 1 lakh, is its 199.6cc, air-cooled, 4-stroke engine. When you are riding it on economic conditions, the engine will be able to generate a maximum power of 18.4 ps and a peak torque of 17.1 Nm.
Furthermore, the motor has also been paired up with a 5-speed gearbox, which helps to improve its efficiency and efficacy. Another factor, which prompts most of the bike lovers to consider it a good bike, is its braking system.
The system consists of a 276mm disc brake at the front and a 220mm disc brake at the rear. A single-channel ABS further improve the overall effectiveness of the brakes.
Other than these, the Hero Xtreme 200S also comes with a fully digital meter console, engine kill switch, and LED head and taillight. The bike also provides some other modern features, such as Smartphone connectivity, incoming call alert system, and the coveted turn-by-turn navigation system, etc.
So, in one word, if you are looking for the best sports bike under 1 lakh in Indiawith a lot of exclusive features, then the Xtreme 200S should be your go-to option.
- Comes with an exclusive sporty design
- Excellent handling quality
- Offers a mileage of approximately 36.9 km/l in economic conditions
- Causes vibrations when riding at a high speed
- It is a bit heavy for a sports bike
5. Bajaj Pulsar 180F – Bike under 1 Lakh
The Pulsar series of Bajaj is probably the most popular two-wheeler series in India, and the new Bajaj Pulsar 180F has made it even more famous. In terms of its design, this bike looks quite similar to the Pulsar 220F.
Because of this reason, the design and colour schemes of the bike look a lot better than the previous 180cc variant, which was discontinued by Bajaj.
However, Pulsar 180F uses the same 178.6cc, oil-cooled, single-cylinder DTS-i engine, which the older variant also used to feature.
Nevertheless, this engine is known to be quite powerful and can generate 17.02 bhp of power at 8500 rpm and 14.22 Nm of torque at 6000 rpm.
(Ex-showroom*): INR 96,390/-
However, the feature, which makes it one of the top 10 bikes under 1 lakh, is its excellent braking system. This system consists of a 260mm disc at the front and a 230mm disc at the rear.
A single-channel Anti-braking System has been added to improve the overall efficiency of the bike even more.
For a 180cc bike, the fuel tank capacity (15 litres) of Pulsar 180F is also quite satisfying. The suspension duties of the bike are done by telescopic hydraulics with Anti-friction Bush at the front and adjustable shock absorbers at the back.
So, if you are looking for a stylish looking commuter bike, then going for the Bajaj Pulsar 180F will be the best idea for you.
- Comes with exclusive sporty designs and looks
- Features exquisite dual projector headlights
- Analogue + Digital instrument console
- Powerful braking system
- Equipped with a single-channel ABS
- Impressive fuel efficiency and excellent mileage
- Maintenance cost is quite cheap
- If you are driving the bike for a long time, then you might experience vibrations
- Does not feature the mono-shock suspension
- The engine is quite average
6. Honda CB Hornet 160R – Bike under 1 Lakh
The Honda CB Hornet 160R is the newest 160cc model of Honda and was launched to give the Suzuki Gixxer a fierce competition. When compared to the other 160cc variant of Honda, the CB Unicorn 160, the Hornet 160R looks way too much better.
The overall macho look of the bike was achieved because of the large fuel tank and bulky-looking body panels. The rear part of the Hornet 160R also stands out in the crowd because of the stylish looking X-shaped taillight. However, unlike some other good bikes below 1 lakh,it does not come with an engine kill switch.
(Ex-showroom*): INR 86,500/-
The engine of the bike is powered by 162.7cc, air-cooled, single-cylinder engine, which is capable of producing 15.7 bhp of power at 8500 rpm and 14.76 Nm of torque at 6500 rpm.
A five-speed gearbox has also been equipped with the bike to improve the working efficiency of the engine. The braking system of the bike consists of a 276mm front disc and a 220mm disc brake at the rear. The manufacturers have also added a single-channel ABS to provide support to the system.
The bike is also equipped with telescopic absorbers at the front and mono-shock absorbers at the rear for doing the suspension duties. To provide a much better grip and stability on the road, the bike comes with wide tubeless tires.
Honda has recently claimed that their bike provides a mileage of 50 km/l. However, according to ARAI, in economic conditions, Hornet 160R can quite comfortably achieve a mileage of 40-45 km/l.
- The engine of the bike is quite efficient
- The instrument console is fully digital
- Powerful LED headlight and taillight
- Attractive colour combinations and sporty design
- Features a wide rear tyre which provides amazing grip and stability
- Equipped with the coveted Anti-lock Braking system
- Offers very comfortable riding ergonometrics
- Does not come with an engine kill switch
- Somewhat expensive than the other bikes in the segment
- At a higher speed, you might experience vibrations
7. Yamaha FZ S V3 – Bike under 1 Lakh
To define it in one sentence, the brand new Yamaha FZ S V3 looks just a little bit more premium than the FZ V3. Thus, just like its counterpart, this bike comes with almost the same features and parts.
However, if you see closely and do some more research on it, then you will be able to find some trivial cosmetic changes.
The FZ S V3 runs on a 149cc, single-cylinder, fuel-injected engine, which is capable of producing 13.2 bhp power and 12.08 Nm of torque. Like almost all the best bikes under 1 lakhon our list, the engine of FZ S V3 is also paired up with a 5-speed gearbox.
This part is known to do the transmission duties. When riding on economic conditions, the bike can provide you with an approximate of 45km/l of mileage, which is quite impressive for a 150cc bike.
However, unlike most of the other two-wheelers in the segment, this one comes with the conventional self-start mechanism.
The braking duties of the bike are done by a 282mm disc brake at the front and a 220mm disc brak e at the rear.
(Ex-showroom*): INR 98,180/-
To make this system even more effective, the manufacturers have also added a single-channel Anti-braking System.
Because of being quite lightweight, the motorcycle is also quite easy to handle. Thus, you will also be able to ride this bike even through busy city traffic quite comfortably.
To conclude, in terms of fuel efficiency, the Yamaha FZ S V3 is probably the best bike in India under 1 lakh. However, if style and looks are your priorities, then this bike might not be your cup of tea.
- The LCD display of the bike looks quite elegant and stylish
- Provides a very comfortable city ride
- Excellent mileage and overall fuel efficiency
- The braking system of the bike is very good
- One of the pioneers of fuel-injected motors
- Nice ground clearance (165 mm)
- Unlike some of the top 10 bikes under 1 lakh in India, it does not feature LED indicators
- The typical aggressive style of the FZ series is somewhat missing
8. Bajaj Avenger Cruise 220
Are you looking for a bike that can help you to subjugate your lust for travelling? Then, the Avenger Cruise 220 will surely be the best option for you.
Considered as one of the best bikes under 1 lakh in India in this segment, Avenger 220 is the perfect bike for those people, who are looking for a comfortable and high-performance two-wheeler.
Some other design-oriented features of the motorcycle are a low-slung seat, brand new windshield, a long wheelbase, remodelled mirrors, chrome wheels, and two sweptback handlebars.
The bike runs on a 220cc single-cylinder, dual-valve DTS-I engine, which is capable of generating a maximum power of 19.03 ps and a peak torque of 17.5 Nm.
(Ex-showroom*): INR 1,05,088/-
Like some other two-wheelers on our list, the engine of Cruise 220 has been paired up with a 5-speed gearbox to improve its effectiveness. Because of this efficient transmission system, the bike can be ridden quite comfortably even on busy city traffic.
The braking system of the bike consists of a 260mm disc brake at the front and a 130mm drum brake at the rear. Also, as one of the best bike under 1 lakh, Avenger Cruise 220 features a single-channel ABS that helps the braking system to work more effectively. In economic conditions, you will easily able to achieve a top speed of 120 km/h.
So, if you are looking for a good bike in the range of 1 lakhwith comfort and sustainability as your priorities, then Bajaj Avenger Cruise 220 can be an excellent option for you.
- Exquisite design and astonishing looks
- Provides a superior level of comfort for both the riders and pillion
- Exclusively designed headlamp and taillight
- Comes with a wide rear tyre, which helps to improve the overall stability of the bike
- Features a digital instrument console
- The engine of the bike is not that efficient
- Causes vibrations while sprinting at a higher speed
- Weighs over 150 kg
9. Vespa SXL 125 – Bike under 1 Lakh
Manufactured and distributed by the Vespa, the Vespa SXL 125 is a reinvigorated version of Vespa S. It is also the priciest model among the 125cc lifestyle scooters of Vespa. To attract the younger generation, the company has also added a wide variety of colour schemes to the vehicle.
To make it even more appealing, the headlight and the mirrors have gotten a refreshing square design. Like some of thegood bikes,this two-wheeler also comes with a digital instrument console and a brand new mode button to switch gears.
(Ex-showroom*): INR 91,550 – 97,283/-
Like the other scooters of the Vespa’ line-up, the design of this one has also been based on 1-piece steel monocoque chassis.
The two-wheeler gets the strength of sprinting from a single-cylinder, air-cooled engine, which can produce a max power of 9.9 bhp at 7500 rpm and a peak torque of 10.6 Nm at 6000 rpm.
The braking system of the scooter consists of a combination of disc and drum brakes. The size of the front disc brake is 200mm, and the size of the rear drum brake is 140mm.
The suspension duties of the vehicle are done by single side-arms at the front and hydraulic shock absorbers at the rear. Vespa SXL 125 comes with alloy wheels, which are known to be quite sturdy and durable.
One of the most significant drawbacks of the vehicle is the absence of the Anti-braking System. It also does not feature the kill switch system.
- The build quality of the two-wheeler is excellent
- Being lightweight, the vehicle can be handled quite easily
- Available in a lot of different colour variants
- Provides an excellent mileage of 45 km/l
- The braking system of the vehicle is very efficient
- Does not feature the much-required Anti-braking System
- Service reach of the company is quite limited
- It is quite expensive
10. Hero Xpulse 200T – Bike under 1 Lakh
Made by the famous Hero Motocorp, the Hero Xpulse is considered by many as the best bike under 1 lakh for touring. The 2019 version of the bike gets almost the same frame as the Xtreme 200R, but, comes with a lot more other modern features.
For example, unlike its counterpart, this bike features a fully digital meter console with the turn-by-turn navigation system and Bluetooth connectivity system. It also comes with a full LED taillight and headlight, which most of the heavy bikes in a range of 1 lakhdo not feature.
The bike runs with a 199.6 cc, air-cooled, carbureted engine, which is capable of generating a maximum power of 18 bhp and a peak torque of 17.1 Nm. Like some other good bikeson list, the engine of this two-wheeler has been paired up with a 5-speed gearbox to improve its efficiency.
The braking system of the bike consists of a 276mm front disc brake and a 220mm rear disc brake, which are further assisted by a single-channel ABS.
(Ex-showroom*): INR 94,000/-
The suspension duties of Xpulse 200T are done by telescopic forks at the front and mono-shock absorbers at the rear. To improve its touring abilities a little bit more, the bike has also been equipped with a tall windscreen and a luggage rack.
As of now, the two-wheeler comes four different colour schemes, which are- matte blue, black, red and matte grey. So, if you choose to go for the Xpulse 200T, then you will surely be able to find a colour that suits both your style and taste.
- The bikes come with a lot of modern features such as Bluetooth connectivity
- Offers a very comfortable and cozy riding position
- The handling dynamics of the bike is outstanding
- Excellent braking system which is supported by a single-channel ABS
- Fuel efficiency is quite satisfying
- Comes with four different colour options
- The engine is known for causing vibration at a higher speed
- Does not feature the fuel-injected system
11. TVS Apache RTR 180 ABS – Bike under 1 Lakh
When talking about the best-naked bikes in India,it is quite impossible to ignore the TVS Apache RTR 180 ABS. Because of its sharp designer elements, the bike looks very aggressive and stylish.
The fuel tank, tail cowls and the engine have also gotten an aerodynamic racing design, which improves the overall look of the vehicle even more. RTR 180 ABS also features a digital/analogue instrument console, which features an elegant blue backlight.
(Ex-showroom*): INR 93,541/-
The RTR 180 ABS features a 177.4cc, four-stroke, single-cylinder engine, which is capable of producing 17.3 of power and 15.5 Nm of torque. The motor is further paired up with a 5-speed transmission, which boosts its overall efficacy even more.
The braking duties of the two-wheeler are done by a 270mm disc brake at the front and a 200mm disc brake at the rear. Like only a few other best sports bike under 1 lakh in India, the RTR 180 ABS features a dual-channel ABS to support its braking system.
According to the ARAI data, the RTR 180 ABS can achieve a mileage of 45km/l quite easily.When running on economic conditions, the two-wheeler can also accomplish a top speed of 120-125 km/h.
As of now, the bike is available in six different colours, which are- black, matte blue, matte red, white, blue And red.
- Powerful engine and can produce a high amount of torque
- Because of its excellent handling, the bike is quite easy to ride on the city traffic
- The braking system of the bike is quite efficient
- Comes with a superior dual-channel ABS
- Appealing analogue/digital instrument console
- Service reach is quite limited
- Rear suspensions of the bike are not that much effective
- The engine is known to vibrate when the bike is running at a high speed
12. Bajaj Avenger Street 220
Do you like to prioritize comfort when looking for bikes? Then, the Bajaj Avenger Street 220 and you are made for each other. When talking about the cruisers in the price segment of 1 lakhs, still no other bike can complete with the Avenger Street 220.
As this bike belongs to the Avenger series, you might think this bike comes with almost the same design as the Street 180 version. However, if you believe this, then you will be completely wrong as the exterior looks and designs of the Avenger 220 are quite different from its counterpart.
(Ex-showroom*): INR 1,05,088/-
Unlike the Street 180 and some other bikes below 1 lakh,the cruiser comes with a fully digital meter console, LED tail and headlight. As of now, Bajaj has also launched various new colour variants of the bike, which include- matte black and matte white.
Street 220 runs on a 220cc, oil-cooled, single-cylinder engine, which can produce a maximum power of 19 bhp and a peak torque of 17.5 Nm. The engine of this motorcycle has also been paired up with a 5-speed gearbox to improve its effectiveness.
However, the braking system of the bike consists of the same disc and drum combination, just like its counterpart. The size of the front disc brake and the rear drum brake are respectively- 260mm and 130mm.
According to Bajaj and ARAI data, the Avenger 220 can comfortably achieve a mileage of 45km/l, which is quite good for a cruiser bike.
It also comes with a large fuel tank with the capacity to contain 14 litres of petrol. These features make it one of the best bikes in India under 1 lakh for long rides and tours.
- The colour and the overall design of the bike looks quite eye-catching
- The rear tyre is quite wide and provides a firm grip on the road
- Features a single-channel Anti-braking System
- The meter console of the bike is fully digital
- Performance of the engine is quite good
- Excellent service reach
- The riding position of the bike looks very comfortable
- Comes with a cozy seat
- Riding in city traffic can be quite tough because of somewhat less-effective handling
- The front brakes of the bike are not that efficient
13. Vespa VXL 125 – Bike under 1 Lakh
Manufactured and distributed by the Italian brand Vespa, the VXL 125 is considered by many as the remodelled version of the VX 125. However, if you have a thorough look at the designs, then you will able to notice a wide variety of cosmetic changes, which differentiates the VXL 125 from its counterpart.
(Ex-showroom*): 86,795 – 93,985/-
In addition to this, this two-wheeler has also gotten beefy-looking tires, which the previous version lacked. However, like the VX 125, the VXL 125 is also built on the steel monocoque chassis to refresh the iconic scooter design.
The two-wheeler gets the power to sprint from a 125cc 1-cylinder engine, which is capable of producing 10.06 ps of power and 10.6 Nm of torque. The motor of VXL 125 is further paired up with a CVT gearbox to improve its effectiveness.
The suspension duties of the bike are taken care of by single sidearm units at the front and the hydraulic shock absorbers at the rear. A 200mm disc brake at the front and a 140mm drum brake at the rear provide the scooter with the power to stop.
According to ARAI, the Vespa VXL 125 is capable of providing a maximum mileage of 45km/l to its riders. Also, if you are riding the scooter in economic conditions, then you will be able to achieve a maximum speed of 90 km/h.
- Like any other Vespa two-wheelers, this one’s build quality is also excellent
- The scooter is effortless to handle because of its lightweight
- The engine of the vehicle is powerful and efficient
- It is now available in 5 different colours schemes
- The scooter offers a wide variety of personalization accessories
- The braking system of the two-wheeler is quite effective
- Ride quality is a little bit stiff
- The service reach is quite limited
14. TVS Apache RTR 160 – Bike under 1 Lakh
The legendary Apache brand of the TVS was first launched in India in the year of 2007, and the first bike of the series was the RTR 160. However, albeit being the oldest model, the popularity of the bike is still quite high because of numerous reasons.
Among them, the most important one is its mileage. Unlike almost any of the top 10 bikes under 1 lakh in India, the RTR 160 can achieve a superior mileage of 50km/l when riding on economic conditions.
Because of being designed with a racing approach, the bike features a very powerful 159.7cc, 4-stroke, single-cylinder engine. It is capable of producing a maximum power of 11.12 kW at 8000 rpm and 13.03 Nm of peak torque at 6500 rpm.
(Ex-showroom*): INR 79,718/-
A 5-box gear has also been added with the motor to make it even more efficient and robust. The braking duties of the bike are done by a 270mm front disc brake and a 200mm rear disc brake.
The basic version of RTR 160 does not come with ABS. To get this feature, you would have to splash a little more cash.
The bike also comes with a few modern features, such as the kill switch. When running on a smooth surface, the RTR 160 will be able to provide a top speed of 110 km/h (approx).
- The pickup and acceleration of the bike is, in one word, amazing
- The engine of the bike is quite smooth and potent
- Handling of the bike is excellent
- One of the best bike under 1 lakh for city riding
- The seating position of the bike is very comfortable
- Comes with a cozy seat
- When compared to the other bikes of the Apache series, this one does not look that much attractive
- Lacks a lot of modern features
15. Aprilia SR 150 – Bike under 1 Lakh
The Aprilla brand has always been known for its enriched racing heritage, and undoubtedly, they have applied the same thing while creating the Aprilla SR 150. The SR 150 is a sporty scooter, which was launched to target the youth generation of India. Because of this reason, the introductory price of the vehicle is not expensive at all.
The Aprilla SR 150 has been equipped with an air-cooled, 154.8cc, carbureted engine. This motor is capable of generating a maximum power of 10.4 bhp and maximum torque of 11.4 Nm.
The engine has further been linked to an automatic gearbox to improve the former’s efficiency. The suspension duties of the scooter are carried out by double telescopic forks at the front and hydraulic shock-absorbers at the back.
(Ex-showroom*): INR 75,816 – 88,727/-
For braking, the SR 150 features a combination of disc and drum brakes. It also comes with a single-channel ABS to provide support to the braking system. However, the vehicle lacks an essential modern feature called the kill switch.
One of the most significant drawbacks of the vehicle is its fuel tank capacity of only 6.5 litres. Nevertheless, the SR 150 compensates it by providing an approximate mileage of 40km/l to its riders.
- The overall performance of the scooter is quite impressive
- Handling attributes are excellent
- Comes with wide tires which offer a better grip on the road
- One of the best vehicles for the city traffic
- Provides a nice mileage and fuel efficiency
- Features the coveted Anti-braking system
- It is available in only two colour variants, black and white
- Ride quality seems to be a little bit of stiff
- Floorboard is quite small
- Maintaining the scooter properly can prove to be quite expensive
16. Hero Xpulse 200 – Bike under 1 Lakh
Hero Xpulse is Hero Motocorp’s second take in the segment of adventure motorcycles. Because of being the successor of Impulse, Xpulse carries some of its legacies. However, according to most of the riders, the Xpulse looks and feels much more purposeful and accessible.
Because of being made for adventurous journeys, the bike comes with high-front mudguard, upswept exhaust, and dual-purpose tires. It has also been equipped with spoke wheels, bash plate and fork gaiters, which most of the best bikes below 1 lakhgenerally lack.
(Ex-showroom*): INR 97,000/-
The suspension duties of the vehicle are taken care of telescopic units at the front and mono-shock absorbers at the rear. The fuel tank capacity of Xpulse is also somewhat good (13 litres).
For braking purposes, the bike features a 276mm disc brake at the front and 220mm disc brake at the rear. A single-channel Anti-braking system further assists the braking system of Xpulse. To cope with almost any kind of landscape, the bike also features an excellent ground clearance of 220mm.
Xpulse gets the power to challenge the most challenging surfaces from a 4-stroke, air-cooled, 199.6cc engine, which can produce 18.4 ps of power and 17.1 Nm of torque. For the transmission duties, the bike features a 5-speed constant mesh gearbox.
- The tires of the bike are of high quality and offer an excellent grip on any road
- Ground clearance is quite high (220 mm)
- The engine is very powerful and potent
- The ergonometric of the bike is very comfortable which means it will offer a much better city ride
- Handling of the vehicle is excellent
- Excellent off-road capability
- Comfy riding position
- The headlight of the bike is not that effective
- Brakes could have been slightly better
- At high speed, the engine is known to cause vibrations
The Upcoming Bikes in India Under 1 Lakh are:
The Indian two-wheeler market is one of the largest in the world. Because of this reason, it can get quite a bit confusing to keep track of the upcoming bikes. Thus, in this section, we will be providing you with a list of the upcoming bikes in India under 1 lakhto help you to find your dream bike.
However, in this list, we will be providing you with some information on the bikes as well as their expected price and launching date. So, make sure to read the whole section as thoroughly as possible.
1. Bajaj Pulsar 200NS FI
The first bike on our upcoming list is the Pulsar 200NS FI of Bajaj. The two-wheeler will be featuring almost the same design as the previously launched Pulsar 200NS.
It will run on 199cc, 1-cylinder engine, which will be capable of producing 18 Nm of torque and 23 bhp of power. Unlike some of the bikesin our list, this two-wheeler will come with a 6-speed gearbox. The fuel tank capacity of the bike will be capped at 12 litres.
Expected Launch: November 2019
Expected Price: 86,000 INR – 88,000 INR
2. Bajaj 2020 Pulsar 150
Yes, you have thought it right. The Bajaj 2020 Pulsar 150 is the renovated version of the classic Pulsar 150. Thus, like its counterpart, the newer variant will also come with 149cc, single-channel engine, which will be supported by a 5-speed gearbox.
The bike is also going to feature robust alloy wheels and tubeless tires to maximize the vehicle’s overall efficiency.
Expected Launch: February 2020
Expected Price: 90,000 INR
3. Aftek Knight Rider
With the launch of the Aftek Knight Rider, the company will be trying to take the market of cruisers by storm. This bike will feature a 1-channel, carbureted engine, which will be supported by a 5-speed gearbox.
The motor of the bike will be capable of generating a maximum power of 14.27 ps at 9000rpm. Like almost all the cruiser bikes in the market, it will also feature a halogen headlamp.
Expected Launch: August 2020
Expected Price: 80,000 INR
4. Aftek Scorpion
The Aftek Scorpion will run on a single-channel, fuel-injected, 170cc engine, which will be capable of producing 17.67 ps of power at 9000 rpm. Like almost all the bikes below 1 lakh,it will also feature a 5-speed gearbox to improve the engine’s efficiency.
The bike will also come with a single-channel ABS to provide support to the braking system.
Expected Launch: August 2020
Expected Price: 98,000 INR
So, these were some of the best bikes in India, which you will be able to get without splurging more than one lakh. However, if you are still confused about any bike’s specifications or any other things, and want more information on a particular bike, then you can also go to their official site and check it out.
- Best 125cc Bikes in India
- Best Bikes Under 70000 in India
- Best Bikes Under 60000 in India
- Best Bikes under 1.5 Lakhs in India
- Best 150cc Bikes in India
- Best Bikes Under 2 Lakhs
- Best Bikes Under 80000 in India
- Cheapest Bikes in India
- Best Bikes Under 50000 in India
- Best Engine Oil for Bikes
- Best Helmets in India under 2000, 3000, 5000 & 10000
* All prices mentioned are Ex-showroom New Delhi prices and are subject to change. Prices may also vary according to your city and location.