Because of being efficient in numerous ways, people are using bicycles for transporting since ancient times. They do not only help to transport you from one place to another but also offers the much-needed exercise while doing so.
The bicycles are also considered as environment-friendly as they do not emit harmful gases or use loud and ear-splitting horns. Thus, it goes without saying that if you want to enjoy these benefits of cycling, then you would need to get a great bicycle first.
However, due to the abundance of cycles in the market, it can be quite hard for you to find your new best friend. Thus, to help you with this issue, we have listed down some of the best bicycles in India for adults.
Along with their names, we have also provided some information about them, which would aid you while choosing. So, make sure to go through the article as thoroughly as possible.
The Best Bicycles in India for Adults are:
1. Mach City Munich 26 Inches 21 Speed Black&Green
Are you looking for a bicycle that can help you to rule all the cynical mountain roads? Then, Mach City Munich will be the perfect option for you.
Considered by many as one of the Best Bicycles in India, Mach City Munich comes with a robust steel frame, which makes it quite sturdy. However, despite being durable, the cycle does not weigh much (14kg). Thus, even in the most unfavorable conditions, you will not experience any issues regarding the bicycle’s handling.
For gearing, this model uses the coveted Japanese Shimano Tourney gear system and Shimano EZ Fire Shifters, which improves its overall riding experience even more. It also features the 7×3 combination speed system, which can help you to shift gears of the cycle quite effortlessly.
To provide you a safe riding experience, Mach City has added 26 inches of wheels with alloy rims. These wheels are quite wide and can offer a marvelous grip on almost any kind of road. In addition to this, the bike also features a linear-pull type braking system, which is known to be quite efficient and effective.
- Because of being lightweight, the bicycle is quite easy to handle
- Features a smooth yet robust 21-speed gears
- Attractive design and color schemes
- One of the best bicycle in India under 15000in terms of durability and robustness
- The cycle uses wide tires, which are known for providing excellent grip and stability
- The handle is not adjustable
- The seat is quite small
2. Montra Madrock Cycle, Adult Medium (Orange/Grey)
Since its inception, Montra has always been one of the best bicycle brands in India. However, due to the firm competition, the company’s popularity has been diminished a little bit recently. Thus, to regain its reputation and become one of the brute forces in the business, Montra has recently launched its new cycle, Madrock.
The Montra Madrock has been made by using a robust aluminum alloy frame, which is quite lightweight yet durable. This frame comes with a mounting option for a bottle holder and a pannier rack.
Additionally, it also features two separate mounting options for mudguards, one at the front and the other at the rear.
For absorbing vibrations and shock, Montra has equipped a suspension fork at the front with their bicycle. The head tube of the bicycle relatively narrow, which is yet another thing that helps to reduce the extremity of vibrations. Thus, along with normal city roads, you can also ride this bicycle on challenging terrains.
As a 21-speed bicycle, Montra Madrock features Shimano Tourney front and rear derailleur gears. Along with this, Montra has also added Shimano Altus Shifters, which enables the transmission system to be quick and responsive.
- Due to the solid build, the cycle can endure a lot of blows
- Well balanced weight of the bicycle helps to improve its handling and stability
- Wide tires for providing optimum grip on any road
- It can withstand extreme conditions
- The transmission system of the cycle is pretty quick and responsive
- Seats are not that comfortable for taking long rides
- The suspension of the bicycle could have been a little bit better
3. Mach City Ibike 7 Speed 26″ (Matt Black)
Because of providing high-quality cycles at an affordable price, Mach City, recently, has become quite popular in India. Therefore, to increase its popularity in the low-price segment a little bit more, Mach City has recently launched its new bicycle, the Ibike 7 Speed 26″.
In terms of appearance, the Mach City Ibike looks quite similar to its counterparts, as it also comes with a steel frame. Thus, like its predecessors, this cycle is also quite sturdy and can endure even the hardest blows.
However, due to the usage of steel, Mach City Ibike feels a little bit heavy, which might cause issues with its handling and stability. As one of the best bicycles for adults, Mach City Ibike comes with a 1×7 speed gearing system with Shimano’s Tourney derailleur at the back.
While the setup might look a bit basic, it provides excellent support for riding through city traffic and flyovers. To improve the efficiency of the cycle, Mach City has also added Shimano Revo Shifters with it.
For braking, the Mach City Ibike 7 features SYPO V-brakes both at the front and the rear. Despite being old school, this braking system, too, works quite efficiently on smooth as well as somewhat rough urban roads.
- The bicycle is quite lightweight yet sturdy
- Attracts a lot of attention because of its style
- Best for Indian scenario whether it is a city or offside terrain with moderate slopes
- In terms of efficiency, it is considered as one of the best bicycles in India under 10000
- The braking system of the cycle is quite robust and effective
- Needs a lot of maintenance
4. BSA Lady Bird Shine Version 26T
The BSA Ladybird Shine 26T is an ideal beginner city bicycle for young girls aged nine years or over. However, the cycle can also provide an excellent service to those young teenagers who are looking for a cycle for exercise and daily commuting.
The entire frame structure is made of steel, which looks quite sturdy and robust. Thus, along with city roads, you can also use this cycle as a mean of transportation on uneven roads.
Like the previous model on our list, the BSA Lady Bird also features a single-speed gearing system. Thus, with this cycle too, you would be able to ride through the city traffics quite comfortably. However, if you are a complete beginner, then you might face some handling issues while cycling on uneven surfaces.
Regarding accessories, the cycle features a lot of new things, which its predecessors lacked. Among these, a large front basket, a dress guard, and a robust carrier are some of the notable ones.
In terms of overall design and color, the BSA Lady Bird Shine looks quite beautiful and glossy. The primary version of the model is painted with purple color, which looks quite decent during the daytime.
- Appealing color and design, which would attract a lot of attention
- A smooth and flawless design which ensures a great riding experience for the young girls
- The seating position of the bicycle is quite comfortable
- Features a large basket, dress guard, and a carrier
- One of the best bicycle in India under 10000in terms of braking
- The rims are not up to the mark
- Because of featuring a steel frame, the cycle feels quite heavy
5. Omobikes Model-1.0 Lightweight |13kg| Fast Light Weight Hybrid Cycle
Are you trying to find a cycle, which, while looking beautiful, also provides an excellent riding experience? Then, Omobikes Model 1.0 should be perfect for you. The cycle comes with a combination of black and orange colors, which looks quite beautiful and appealing.
Along with this, the sporty design of the cycle is yet another thing, which, while riding, can help you to attract a lot more eyes than usual.
Omobikes Model 1.0 comes with wide tires, which can offer optimum grip on any road. Also, because of being made with robust materials, the tires are known to be puncture-resistant. This is yet another thing that improves the overall efficiency of the cycle.
As the cycle does not feature any gear system, it also weighs a lot less (13kg). Thus, even if you are a beginner, you would be able to handle this bicycle on any road quite comfortably. Due to the same reason, other than daily commuting, you can also use this cycle for exercise.
- Unique design and attractive color combination
- Does not weigh much due to the lack of gearing system
- Comfortable riding ergonometrics
- Due to the sturdy structure, the cycle can last for a long time
- Features an adjustable seat
- Misses out on a lot of accessories
- The size of the seat of the cycle is quite small
- The cycle is not shock absorbent
6. Montra LUPROK011-L Rock 18 Speed Aluminium-Alloy Cycle
The 6th bicycle on our list of the best cycle in Indiais the LUPROK011-L Rock. Manufactured and distributed by one of the best bicycle brands in India,Montra, this cycle comes with a sturdy aluminum frame, which makes it exceptionally robust and durable.
Due to the usage of aluminum, the model also weighs a lot less than usual. Thus, even if you are a beginner, you will be able to handle this cycle quite comfortably on challenging road conditions.
Another thing, which will aid you in controlling the bicycle on uneven surfaces, is its tires. Because of being wide, the tires can offer optimum grip on any road, which also helps to improve its stability.
For making your journey more comfortable, Montra has equipped its cycle with a hardtail suspension system. This system is known to be very efficient and can absorb a lot of bumps and shocks quite effectively.
For gearing, the Montra Rock uses an 18-speed gear system, which helps you to take sharp twists and turns quite effortlessly.
- Ideal for people who are aged 11 or above
- The suspension system of the cycle is quite effective
- Due to its comfortable structure, the bicycle can be ridden by both short and tall riders
- The aluminum alloy prevents any damage or breakage
- Weighs a lot less than many of its rivals in the market
- Considered a good bicyclein terms of handling and stability
- The braking system of the cycle could have been a lot better
7. STURDY BIKES Mountain Carbon Steel Fat Bike
Sturdy Bikes has always been known for providing robust cycles, which are excellent for riding in challenging terrains. However, because of the dominance of other bicycle companies, it still has not gained much popularity or reputation among the Indians.
Thus, to change the scenario, the cycle-manufacturing company has recently launched its brand new model Sturdy Bikes Mountain Carbon Steel.
As the name suggests, the bicycle has been made up of a carbon steel frame, which makes it quite robust and durable. Thanks to its structure, the cycle can carry more than 130kgs of weight, which is quite astonishing, even for an all-mountain cycle.
Regarding its dimensions, the two-wheeler comes with a length of 180cm, a width of 65cm, and a height of 76cm. Thus, if you have an average height, you will be able to ride this cycle quite comfortably.
Sturdy Bikes Mountain comes with lots of accessories, which are quite essential. Along with these, the cycle also features dual-disc brakes for providing ultimate safety on the uneven roads of mountains.
- Comes with wide tires which provide ultimate grip on any road
- Due to the comfortable dimensions, the cycle can be ridden by both short and tall people
- The cycle looks quite attractive and appealing
- Features a robust and effective 21-speed gear system
- Comes with two disc brakes, which is quite uncommon in this price range
- Not suitable for short people
- Weighs almost 23 kg which is quite heavy, even for an all-mountain cycle
8. Hercules Roadeo Hank 26T 21 Speed Premium Geared Cycle (Pitch Black)
The Roadeo series of Hercules has always been quite popular among the Indian crowd. Thus, to ignite the flame of popularity a little bit more, the manufacturing company has recently launched its new Roadeo variant, the Roadeo Hank.
The entry-level model comes with a frame size of 17 inches, which should be quite comfortable for those who are aged 11 or over. However, if you are taller, then you can also go for its bigger variant.
The thing, which prompts most of the people to consider it as one of the best cycle in India, is its braking system. This system consists of two disc brakes, which are known to be quite efficient and, thus, can stop the vehicle almost instantly.
Along with this, the cycle also comes with a front suspension that can provide a marvelous riding experience even on uneven terrains.
Even though being quite efficient on almost every purpose, the bicycle misses out on a lot of features. Some of the most notable ones among these are horns or bells, locking system, and chain cover.
- Features 21-speed gearing system, which provides excellent transmission response
- The bicycle does not weigh much at all
- Due to the usage of exquisite color schemes, the cycle looks very beautiful while riding
- Because of its comfortable dimensions, the bicycle can be ridden by both adults and teenagers
- Features disc brakes which are quite rare in this price segment
- Comes with wider wheels which are known for providing optimum grip and balance
- Delivered in a semi-assembled condition
- Unlike its rivals, this cycle does not feature mudguards
- Misses out on the all-important toolkit
9. Hercules MTB Brut Plus RF 26T Stylish Sporty Smart Red/Black Steel Bike
This is the best bicycle in India under 15000for cycling and road touring. It has no batteries involved, which means you can travel as much as you want till you keep paddling. It comes with a color combination of red and black and features an aggressive frame design, which is quite uncommon in this price segment.
The frame of this cycle is made of robust steel, which makes it a lot sturdier and lighter than usual. Thus, even while riding in rough road conditions, you will not face any issue regarding handling or balancing.
To provide optimum grip on any terrain, Hercules has also equipped it with two 26 inches of tires. Along with this, the cycle also comes with a rigid suspension system, which provides the riders with a comfortable riding experience by absorbing shocks and bumps.
Hercules MTB also comes with numerous additional features, which helps to improve its overall efficiency. Among these, metal mudguards, integrated carrier, and alloy levers are some of the remarkable ones.
So, to conclude, if you are looking for an exquisite-looking bicycle for commuting, then Hercules MTB should be your go-to option.
- One of the best bicycles in India for adultsfor road touring
- Comes with an adjustable seat
- The frame of the cycle is made up of steel, which is quite reliable and robust
- Features an integrated carrier and a metal mudguard
- Decent usage of color schemes
- Does not feature any gears
- Because of the size of its frame, children below 11 years of age cannot ride it
10. BSA Cycles Photon Ex Bicycle, 26-inch for Men
The next bicycle on our list of the best bicycles in India for adultsis yet another BSA product, the BSA Photon. However, unlike the model above, this one can be used only by the male population.
Regarding its structure, the BSA Photon Ex also features the same steel frame just like its counterpart. Thus, when compared with other cycles in this price segment, this one feels a lot of light and sturdy. oweH
However, for riding this model, you would have to be at least 13 years or older as it comes with a frame size of 21 inches. The BSA Photon Ex features a single-speed gear system for doing the transmission duties.
Thus, in smoother terrains, such as city roads, the cycle will provide you with excellent riding experience. However, if you are riding this bicycle on uneven roads, then you might face some issues regarding handling and balancing.
For braking, the cycle features the classic direct-pull braking system, which, even though being a bit outdated, works quite efficiently. Along with this, the bicycle also features a rigid suspension system, which takes care of the small bumps and vibrations that might ruin your riding experience.
- Classic and convenient lightweight design
- Comes with an adjustable and comfortable seat
- Features wheel and pedal reflectors
- Comes with slim tires which provides less grip but offers more speed
- The braking system of the two-wheeler is quite effective
- Can only be used by men
11. Hero Sprint Thorn 26T Single Speed Mountain Bicycle
The Sprint series of Hero has a wide range of bicycles for both teenagers and adults. However, most of the cycles of the series are merely commuter models and come with a boring design.
Thus, Hero has recently launched the brand new Sprint Thorn to capture the attention of the youth generation, especially the fitness freaks.
Like the other cycles of the Sprint series, Hero has used the combination of hardtail geometry and a steel frame to build their bicycle. Thus, when compared to some other bicycle for mens,this one looks a lot sturdier and robust.
Because of simple design geometry, other than for exercising, you can also use the cycle for daily commuting or for taking urban leisure rides. For making your leisure ride more comfortable, Hero has also added two wide tires and a suspension fork at the front.
As a single-speed cycle for exercise,the bicycle comes with a one-speed gear system. This drivetrain is not that difficult to maintain and can provide smooth pedaling with nominal elevations.
The pedals of the cycle are also quite wide and come with a subtle grip pattern. Thus, even if you are a beginner, you will not face any issues while pedaling.
For braking, the Sprint Thorn gets two V-brakes, one at the front and the other at the rear. These brakes are quite powerful and can stop the motion of the cycle almost instantly on both smooth and uneven urban roads.
- It has rear reflectors for better visibility
- The tires are broad and provide an ample amount of grip
- Mudguard protects shoes and socks during rainy weather
- The cycle is delivered in a semi-assembled condition
- Comes with a very efficient one-speed gear system
- Misses out on a lot of modern features
12. TATA Stryder MTB Harris 200 Bicycle Full Heavy Tyre Road Cycle
Are you looking for a bicycle, which is both versatile and durable? Then, Tata Stryder MTB Harris should be the best option for you.
To make the frame and structure of its cycle, Tata has used sturdy steel material. Thus, the bicycle would not break or get damaged that easily. Other than improving its durability, the steel frame also helps to make the cycle a lot lighter than usual.
Therefore, even if you cycle challenging road conditions, you would not experience any issues regarding stability or balancing.
To provide a firm competition to the other Bicycles for adults, Tata has equipped its cycle with a single-speed gear system. This system is known to be quite efficient and can provide a smooth pedaling experience even on the uneven roads.
For braking, Tata Stryder features a disc at the front and a classic linear-pull brake at the rear. With the help of these brakes, you will be able to stop the cycle from going forward almost instantly.
- Features a front disc brake, which is quite rare among the cycles within this price range
- Because of featuring adjustable seats, the bicycle is quite easy to ride
- In terms of riding on urban streets, it is one of the best bicycles you can get
- Comes with a robust frame
- Features ultra-wide tires for providing optimum grip and balance on any road
- Does not weigh much at all
- Due to its size and structure, the cycle is not suitable for all age groups
13. Hercules Topgear CX70 Dual Suspension 18 Speed Bicycle (26T)
Because of the stylish looks and affordable price, the bicycles are becoming enormously popular among the youth generation. Thus, to capture their as well as the daily commuters’ attention, Hercules has recently launched Topgear CX70, which comes with an exotic design.
To improve the cycle’s durability, Hercules has used robust steel material for building its frame. The company has also implemented the double tube rugged design to provide a premium look to their cycle. As a result, while being extremely durable, the Hercules CX70 also looks quite beautiful.
One of the features, which make CX70 a good bicycle under 15000, is the dual suspension system. This system is known to be quite efficient and can protect you from small bumps and vibrations. With this, Hercules has also equipped wide tires with their cycle, which improves the overall riding experience even more.
For braking, the bicycle features an outdated direct-pull system, which can provide an excellent service on smoother roads. However, on uneven terrains, you might experience some issues regarding braking.
- Comfortable riding ergonometrics
- Features the coveted dual suspension system which is not that common among the cycles in this price segment
- Best in terms of durability within this price range
- Comes with wide and sturdy tires which offers excellent grip and balance
- Features an 18-speed gear system for providing excellent transmission response
- Due to its heavyweight structure, the bicycle feels quite weighty
14. Kross Globate Bike
Kross is an India-based bicycle company, which has gained a lot of reputation during the last few years. However, it is still quite far away from being considered one of the best bicycle brands in India.
Thus, to change this scenario and improve its position in the market, Kross has recently launched the new Kross Globate.
Like most of their other cycles, Kross has used the same full steel frame to build its new model. Thus, naturally, like its predecessors, Kross Globate also can resist almost any kind of damage. Also, as the frame geometry is quite simple, you can use this cycle for handling in both commuting as well as exercising purposes.
The single-speed bicycle for men, Kross Globate, is quite easy to pedal and maintain. The chains of the cycles are also quite smooth, which is yet another thing that improves the pedaling experience even more. However, if you are an adult, then the pedals of the cycle might feel a little bit narrow to you.
Like any other bicycle for adults within the price range of 10,000 rupees, Kross Globate also features V-shape braking for stopping. This system is known to be quite efficient and can offer excellent service on both smooth and uneven surfaces.
- Excellent braking system
- Because of featuring wide tires, the bicycle can offer a great riding experience even on challenging road conditions
- Comes with a simple yet elegant designing
- Robust steel frame improves longevity and durability
- Does not come with the coveted toolbox
- The cycle feels a little heavy
15. Cosmic KC0049 Cosmic Trium 21 Speed Steel Gear Bicycle
Entering the world of trail cycling can be quite exciting. However, before doing that, one would require an MTV cycle first, which is both cheap and effective. So, like a few others, if you are also a trail cycling enthusiast and looking for a perfect bicycle, then the Cosmic Trium should be an excellent choice for you.
One of the best things about this cycle is the body graphics it comes with. Along with this, the vehicle also features a simple yet elegant design and beautiful paint scheme, which makes it even more attractive and appealing.
However, when compared to some other bicycles on this list, the steel frame under the exquisite paint scheme does look a little bit average.
In this price range, Cosmic also provides a suspension fork at the front, which is quite surprising. Even though this fork is quite basic, it offers excellent protection against smaller bumps and vibrations nonetheless.
As one of the best bicycles in India under 10000, Cosmic Trium features a 21-speed gear system, which provides excellent transmission response. Along with this, Cosmic has also added two wide tires with their cycle to offer optimum grip and balance on any road condition.
- Available in three different sizes
- Comes with two different color variants
- Features the coveted Shimano gear system
- The frame of the cycle is made up of steel, which makes it quite sturdy and robust
- Uses double alloy wheels and wide tires
- Because of being equipped with a lot of features and elements, the bicycle feels quite heavy
16. Hero Sprint Next 24T 18 Speed Mountain Cycle
In the segment of commuter cycles, Hero has always been one of the best brands in India. However, in the market of all-mountain bicycles, they were not that productive. Thus, to improve its reputation among the mountain cycle lovers, Hero has recently launched the brand new Hero Sprint Next.
Regarding dimensions, the Hero Sprint Next comes with a length of 133cm, a width of 22cm, and a height of 44cm. Therefore, even if you are a teenager, you will be able to ride this cycle quite comfortably.
For braking, the bicycle gets caliper brakes both at the front and at the rear. These braking units are known to be quite capable and can put a stop to the vehicle’s motion almost immediately.
Along with this, the cycle also uses two rigid forks for preventing the small bumps and vibrations, which can negatively affect the rider’s riding experience.
The Hero Sprint next features an 18-speed gear system, which is known to be quite efficient and provides a quick transmission response. However, as this gear system is quite complicated, you would require an intermediate skill level to operate it properly.
- When compared to its rivals, the price of the vehicle feels quite cheap
- Suitable for anyone between 10-15 years
- Good riding through the city roads
- The dimensions of two-wheeler are quite comfortable for those people who are relatively short
- Comes with a dual suspension system, which can offer a bump-free riding experience
- Does not come with a toolkit
- Because of its big frame size, people below 4’8″ will not be able to use it
- The male riders can only use the cycle
17. Hero Kyoto 26T Single Speed Cycle
The last model on our list of the best cycles in India is the Kyoto 26T of the Indian company Hero. Like most of the bicycles on this list, this one has also been made upon a sturdy steel frame.
Thus, the vehicle is quite sturdy and can provide its service for many years if you maintain it carefully. However, as the frame of the cycle comes with a large size, the people under the height of 5 feet will not be able to operate it properly.
To make its bicycle look visually more appealing, Hero has also used exquisite paint schemes. Along with this, the manufacturing company has also used beautiful graphics to add a premium touch to their cycle.
For braking, the two-wheeler features V-brakes at both its front and rear section. This braking system is known to be quite efficient and can stop the vehicle from going forward within almost an instant.
Additionally, Hero Kyoto also features rigid suspension forks for carrying out the suspension duties. Thus, while cycling on challenging road conditions, you will not experience any bumps or vibrations.
Even after featuring all these, the bicycle misses out on numerous other accessories and elements. Among these, mudguards, trainer wheels, and horn or bells are some of the notable names.
- Suitable for most age groups
- Comes with an adjustable seat which is quite excellent
- The braking system of the cycle is quite efficient
- Robust structure and build quality
- Features wide tires, which offers excellent grip on any road
- The cycle is delivered in a semi-assembled condition (85%)
- No lock and chain cover
- Does not feature a horn system
So, these were some of the best bicycles in India for adults,which you can get without spending much. If you have read the whole write-up thoroughly, then you might have noticed that each of the cycles come with different features and elements.
Thus, before rushing to store to buy a new bicycle, the first thing you need to do is to decide the way you want to use it. Otherwise, it would be quite tough for you to find the two-wheeler that is perfect for you.